TBM Framework & Taxonomy

View Only
  • 1.  Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework?

Posted 01-22-2019 22:41

Hello, I am new to TBM, I learning hoping to apply what I learn to my organization. Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework. I understand we have 4 core framework value; Business capabilities, Business Application services, End-User Services, and IT Towers.

• 2.  Re: Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework?

Posted 01-23-2019 11:41

Hi George,

Can you elaborate a little more please? What do you mean by Data domain, in what context? What is the use case here?

Thanks,

Gulcin

• 3.  Re: Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework?

Posted 01-23-2019 19:55

I was looking from an enterprise architect point of view where Data Domain includes things like raw business data not yet consumed by applications into business processes, like IOT data, data warehousing, databases, data analytics ..data centric of things 

Where would that fit ...into the TBM model?
    In cases where business consume those services directly

• 4.  Re: Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework?

Posted 01-23-2019 20:49

George,

Do you mean where does the Data Domain Service fit in the TBM Model? I'm assuming you're asking where you would find/place the cost of someone that is in data architecture/data domain? If so, those are technical services that usually fall in architecture (ITRT) and roll up to architecture (services). The model is flexible in that you can add additional sub-towers or service levels to capture the type of function you're talking about. Hope I'm looking at this correctly.

If you're talking about Data Management in TBM. Then it's part of the TBM process. 

1. Identify Financial Data

2. Identify Operational/Business (Infra, Projects, Apps, Services, and etc) data that adds color to the financials.

3. Transform and Model Financial and Non-Financial Data to allocate Financial costs to the different IT domains. 

• 5.  Re: Where does Data Domain fit within the TBM framework?

Posted 01-27-2019 09:30

You got, thank you. Your explanation makes a lot of sense. Very interesting way to look at it.