TBM Framework & Taxonomy

View Only
  • 1.  TBM Taxonomy and UNSPSC?

Posted 04-22-2021 16:00
    Hello TBM Community
    I was curious as to if anyone has mapped the TBM Taxonomy to UNSPSC (United Nations Service and Product Special Codes) taxonomy.  
    I understand they have 2 different purposes, e-Commerce/Supply Chain vs IT Business Management focus.  
    If anyone has had a discussion around TBM vs UNSPSC in categorization of IT technologies, I would like to understand how you manage the taxonomies relationships and what use cases they are used for.  We are working on a effort to harmonize all the different taxonomies we use throughout our enterprise and how they work together.  
    Here is UNSPSC for Reference
    UNSPSC Codes Family: 43230000 - UNSPSC Codes | United States Datasets 💿 (databasesets.com)
    Thank you!
    Regards
    Heather

------------------------------
    Heather Shappee
    Digital Transformation - Org Change Mgmt Lead
    Lockheed Martin Corporation
    843-822-9539

• 2.  RE: TBM Taxonomy and UNSPSC?

Posted 04-23-2021 15:16
      |   view attached
    Hi Heather,

The attached may help get you in the right direction. It's dated though....not aligned to current taxonomy nor reflective of latest UNSPSCs.

Let me know if you'd like to bounce any ideas off of me or have other q's.

Matt

Matt Temple
    Director, TBM
    Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
    Culver City CA
    (714) 349-6102

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    Commodity to ITRT.xlsx   29 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: TBM Taxonomy and UNSPSC?

Posted 04-27-2021 14:57
    Hi Heather,
    There was some review of the UNSPSC last year and its relationship to IT Product Services Codes (PSC) in the Federal Government.
    These codes were updated in October 2020 and were based on the TBM Tower taxonomy,  with some modifications to fit acquisition practices and needs.

https://www.acquisition.gov/psc-manual

There was a correlation to these and UNSPSCs, but we did not start the process of mapping across these taxonomies, as there was more limited usage of the UNSPSCs, but if you start that process, it may be something we could possibly collaborate further on.

Thanks,
    Mina

Mina Han
    Principal
    REI Systems
    Sterling VA
    571-269-9792