European TBM Summit 2015

Email Template to Share Key Takeaways of TBM European Summit 2015 

06-11-2015 18:36

Subject: Key Takeaways from Last Week’s European TBM Summit

As you know, I attended the Technology Business Management Summit last week in London. With more than 200 IT leaders from Europe, and speakers from companies like Nationwide Building Society, Coca-Cola, AXA Investment Managers, Citrix, RSA Insurance, Royal Philips, Shell International, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, it proved to be enlightening.

I thought you all would benefit from hearing many of the key takeaways.

The speakers shared their stories of how they have implemented TBM within their organisations and the success they achieved as a result.

• Nationwide Building Society CIO Debra Bailey deployed TBM to support a service and digital transformation. With TBM, Debra has delivered a cost-optimized and tiered service catalogue to give her business partners real choices. TBM enables a more effective supply chain for her as well as a commercial view of innovation spending. Lesson: TBM accelerates service transformation.
  • AXA Investments Managers CIO Hervé Morel-Derocle employs TBM to create an integrated ecosystem for managing all of the business. TBM has also facilitated a culture of shared responsibility on cost and driven teaming across the business. Lesson: TBM helps change the culture to be cost-conscious.
  • Shell Global IT4IT and Cost Performance Improvement Manager Mary Jarrett is driving IT cost optimisation and making TBM sustainable based on business outcomes. Lesson: TBM is a long-term initiative with significant gains along the way.
  • Bank of America Managing Director Mohit Sarvaiya leveraged TBM to power the bank’s cost improvement initiatives of expense management, volume reduction and IT service delivery. Lesson: TBM helps optimize costs after major business events, such as economic downturns and M&As.
  • Royal Philips VP of IT Anosh Thakkar shared how his company uses financial transparency, a tenet of TBM, to accelerate a transformation, improve innovation and optimize costs. Lesson: Reducing costs should not hamper innovation.

Furthermore, TBM Council General Manager Todd Tucker provided an overview of the TBM Council’s ongoing work to identify the most important TBM metrics and KPIs, by industry, to help IT leaders measure, manage and communicate value both with their business partners and internally to hold their people accountable.

I came away truly impressed by the power of TBM. Forward-thinking CIOs are communicating value, driving innovation, accelerating service delivery and optimizing costs through TBM. We should explore how TBM would fit within our organization, and the TBM Council is a wonderful community for doing so.

I'd be really happy to share more feedback with any of you in person.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.