The Ideal candidate will have extensive Apptio TBM Studio experience. We will also consider full time remote for the right candidate.
Purpose of Position
The IT Business Operations Analyst, Lead is responsible for the success of critical aspects of IT business operations activities. They are responsible for cost control oversight, leading the department budgeting process, and tracking of actual spend and monthly forecasting for Business and IT Domains and IT Internal initiatives. They influence IT's management team to ensure alignment and understanding of concepts, processes, and timelines while ensuring accuracy in financial data. With their comprehensive perspective of business operations, they initiate and lead continuous improvement activities, both intra and inter-departmental. They may also lead or manage other Business Operations team members.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the financial activities of the department, such as leading the capital budgeting and expenditure planning process. Must be able to analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements. Accurately tracks IT financial change management.
- Develop, generate and analyze IT Metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for IT department.
- Lead the resource management process for IT, which includes reporting and analysis. Interact with all IT team members to ensure accuracy and integrity in data.
- Identify, lead and/or manage continuous improvement initiatives within IT and for inter-departmental processes.
- Lead financial, operational and/or special projects for department.
Bachelor's in Finance or Mathematics
Certifications and Licenses
Years of Experience
6-8 years of experience
Strives For Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Strong analytical skills including ability to understand, interpret and determine validity of results
- Excellent problem solving and process improvement skills
- Strong business acumen related to accounting principles and financial analysis as well as IT vernacular
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of an IT department
- Knowledge of project management principles; project management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels
- Able to lead and mentor others
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a changing, fast-paced team environment
- Effective and proven successful communication skills with ability to determine best approaches for different audiences
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, strong knowledge and significant experience of Excel a must
- Experience with Data Visualization suite (Tableau, PowerBI, MatPlotLib)
- Experience with Technology Business Management software, such as ApptioOne, required