Last updated November 2017
This Policy describes: (1) the types of Personal Information we may collect; (2) the purposes for which we collect Personal Information; (3) the parties with whom we may share this information; (4) your rights and choices; (5) how to contact us with your questions or concerns; (6) and the measures we take to protect Personal Information.
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.”
This Policy does not apply to information collected from our employees, which are governed by other policies, or any information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website or other services.
By accessing and continuing to use the Website, or otherwise submitting your Personal Information to the TBM Council where this Policy is referenced, you signify your consent to the terms and conditions of our Policy. We may change or update this Policy from time to time (see Changes to our Policy) and your continued use of the Website is deemed to be acceptance of such changes. Please periodically check the Policy for updates and changes. If the local law that governs your Personal Information requires a more affirmative notice and consent to modify these terms, then any modifications of this policy will only apply to you if and to the extent the notice and consent regime requisite under such applicable law is observed.
Personal Information We Collect or Receive
Website Visitor Information. We receive information from and about visitors to our Website, including:
- When you submit requests or inquiries on our Website. Examples of activities include viewing content (e.g. whitepapers, publications, knowledge articles, best practices and other digital content), completing surveys, and requesting additional information, services, or support from us.
- When you post materials on our Website. Examples of activities include uploading information about generally used custom reports, sharing models, discussion about taxonomy standards that you’ve had experience with, etc.
- In connection with these activities, we may collect various information, such as your name, title, company name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, practices, and certain company information.
- When you correspond with us via email.
- Information we receive from third party business partners.
- If you use a bulletin board or chat room on our Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums. We are not responsible for third party use of the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to collect visitor information. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser. They make it possible for us to recognize your browser when you visit and to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. If you have provided your name or other contact information to us via a web form, we are able to link that information back to the cookie. This information may be used to provide you with information that we believe to be relevant to you based on your actions on our Website.
Member and Partner Relationship Information. We collect information from our members and prospective members, vendors and prospective vendors, partners and prospective partners including:
- We require members who register to become members of the TBM Council to provide contact information, such as their name, company name, phone number, and e-mail address, and we may also ask for additional information such as title, department name, fax number, and additional company information, such as mailing address, annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Account Information”). Registered users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into Website and editing their account information.
- Prospective members often volunteer contact information to us so that we may continue to provide them with information about the TBM Council.
- Registered users are required to provide an email address when registering for membership on the TBM Council. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user registration and password.
- Vendors and Partners may also provide Personal Information about their employees in the form of contact information or other such information to us for purposes of the vendor’s services to TBM Council or in furtherance of the relevant partner relationship.
- Members who often interact on forums and portal pages share with their peers information about their usage of technology, knowledge of best practice, advocate processes, and champion methodology. The information shared may be in the form of questions, answers, documents, blog posts, videos, podcasts votes and comments.
Testimonials. We may post testimonials on our Website which may contain personally identifiable information such as the member’s name. We do obtain the member’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on our Website under public pages please send your request to email@example.com.
How We May Use Personal Information
- To provide you with information about the TBM Council and our events, services and partners. If we received your contact information directly, including from a subsidiary or related company, or if given the context of your provision of information you could have had a reasonable expectation that you would receive communications from us, then we may email you information regarding TBM Council events and affairs, and may send a newsletter type of communication via email which you can opt out of receiving such communications by using the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such email and/or by changing the notifications settings for your account on the Website
- To diagnose and resolve issues with and otherwise improve our Website or services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements between you and us.
- To monitor and track usage patterns on the Website.
- To notify you of changes to our Website.
- We may share your Personal Information with our founding sponsor and technical advisor, Apptio, Inc., which may, if given the context of your provision of information you could have had a reasonable expectation that you would receive communications from Apptio, email you information regarding technology business management, including Apptio’s products, services, and events, and may send you communications, including a newsletter type of communication, via email which you can opt out of receiving such communications by using the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such email and/or by changing the notification settings for your account on the website
- In connection with prospective service engagements, partnerships or vendor relationships where the disclosing party is a prospective partner or vendor to the TBM Council.
- You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with your Personal Information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of services, or provide a service appropriately tailored to you.
How We May Share Personal Information
TBM Council will not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with third parties or nonaffiliated companies for their promotional purposes without your permission. We may disclose Personal Information that you provide in furtherance of the purpose for which they were disclosed, providing the services that you have requested, when we otherwise have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- To our employees, affiliates, or subsidiaries. Our employees, affiliates and subsidiaries are located in North America, Europe, and parts of Asia, including the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Australia. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the current list.
- To our founding sponsor and technical advisor, Apptio, Inc., in connection with its efforts to manage the operations of the TBM Council, as well as in connection with Apptio’s own business affairs, including with respect to its efforts to market and deliver technology business management products and services. If you would like additional information regarding Apptio’s involvement with the TBM Council, please contact email@example.com.
- To our service providers in support of TBM Council events. These service providers support the event itself, and are most likely in the hospitality industry as hotel and facility operators, transportation providers, etc. all to the extent they have a legitimate need to have participant information and all only to facilitate TBM Council affairs. We also may share attendee information with strategic sponsors of a particular event unless the attendee specifies otherwise.
- If TBM Council is acquired by, reorganized or merged with another company. In such an event, you will have the opportunity to ask not to receive promotional information following any such change of control.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Note that TBM Council may be required to release EU individual’s personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
Under the Privacy Shield TBM Council may be liable for the onward transfer of personal data from EU individuals.
Your Rights and Choices
We seek to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. The following describes the choices you have:
- Marketing Communications from TBM Council or Apptio. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for marketing purposes by the TBM Council or Apptio, you can opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, respectively. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. We do reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Website, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your account membership, and we do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those messages.
- Notifications from TBM Connect: If you do not wish to be notified via email any messages that are sent from TBM Connect to inform you of updates to discussion threads that you follow, comments on your posts, a weekly roundup of activity on the portal, etc., you may change the notification settings of your account defined under general preferences on the Website.
- Right of access, deletion, correction of your Personal Information. You have the right and ability to edit your account information, at any time. Registered users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into the Website and editing their account information. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with the Website. We will respond to any request for access to, correction or update of Personal Information within 30 days of the date of such request.
- Review this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Website. By using any part of the Website, you accept and agree to our Policy and to our practices. If we update this Policy, your continued use of the Website (following the posting of the revised policy) means that you accept and agree to the terms of the revised Policy.
Notice to California Residents. Under California law, California residents may request a list of all third parties with whom we have disclosed certain Personal Information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to receive such a list, please contact us as set forth below in the how to contact us section at TBM Council, 11100 NE 8th Street, #600, Bellevue, WA 98004. For any such requests, include the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You must also include an attestation to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, email, or facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly or that have incomplete information.
We take reasonable steps given the context of the engagement in which data is provided to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed and is not entirely within our control.
Where you receive (or have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
TBMC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission (U.S. FTC).
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, TBM Council commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact TBM Council at:
Via mail at: TBM Council
11100 NE 8th Street, #600
Bellevue, WA 98004
TBM Council has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD are provided at no cost to you.
Finally, as a last resort and under limited circumstances, EU individuals with residual complaints may invoke a binding arbitration option before the Privacy Shield Panel.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to websites of third parties who: (1) are not affiliated with us; (2) are outside our control; or (3) are not covered by this Policy (“Third-Party Websites”). Links provided to Third-Party Websites on our Website, if any, are provided only as a convenience to you. The inclusion of any link does not imply its reliability or an endorsement by us of the content or security. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Third-Party Websites, which may collect and use information from you in a manner different than how we do so. Accordingly, the use of such Third-Party Websites is entirely at your own risk. For relevant information, you should review the privacy statements or policies of any Third-Party Websites before using them. Other parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site.
Changes to our Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will immediately post it to this Website, which will serve as your notification of these changes. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on our Website. Your continued use of the Website is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Neither this Website, nor the TBM Council, are designed to collect Personal Information from children who are under 13 years of age. We do not intend to or knowingly collect such information.
Do Not Track Disclosures
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy or the Website, would like to opt out from certain services, or to exercise your rights, contact us at: