TBM Framework & Taxonomy

View Only

TBMC23 Breakout Session: TBM & ServiceNow CSDM Integration 

Attachment(s)
pdf file
A3810 TBM Integration with ServiceNow CSDM Whitepaper.pdf   3.74 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 11-30-2023
xlsx file
TBM Integration with ServiceNow CSDM (supplemental refere....xlsx   44 KB   1 version
Uploaded - 11-30-2023
pdf file
TBM Integration with ServiceNow CSDM (TBMC 2023 presentat....pdf   2.97 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 11-28-2023
11-28-2023 20:46

Join this session to learn about the analysis of synergies and opportunities between the intersecting models of Technology Business Management (TBM) and ServiceNow Common Service Data Model (CSDM).   You can expect to hear about the natural/organic processes and necessary elements to be aware of within the configuration management database (CMDB) to ensure the integration is maintained at an optimal level. This session and content is brought to you by The TBM Council's Standards Committee.

Relevant Link:

TBM Integration with ServiceNow CSDM Integration Guide

Statistics
0 Favorited
4 Files
0 Shares
99 Downloads

Comments

12-18-2023 12:24

Hi @Rick Hymas. Thank you for echo'ing our guidance regarding applications.

And, thank you for clarifying @Michael Enslein's comments at 30:30.I understand "Enterprise Portfolio" is the new name of "Service Portfolio". The "Portfolio" table appearing in the "Design" domain was not researched.

I'll be sure to reach out to you when research into CSDM v5 is started.

12-18-2023 10:43

At the end when CSDM 5 draft was shown.  There was discussion that the Portfolios had moved from the "Sell/Consume" section of CSDM up to the "Design" section.  This is also incorrect.  The Enterprise or "Service Portfolio remains in the Sell/Consume section.  The parts that are now represented in the "Design" section or within APM are the Application and Technology Portfolios.

12-18-2023 10:40

Great discussion but I believe the mapping to the "Application" portion of CSDM is incorrect.

1. Business Applications was spot on
  2. Application Services are the deployed stack or "Instances" of the Business Applications, not the Application table as stated in the discussion
  3. The Application table in CSDM are the discoverable deployed programs or modules to support the App Service

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.